CIRCE has set up an entire demonstration environment, complete with proprietary and commercial resources, to deploy and validate smart grid systems.
Electric vehicles are one of the main focusses of the studies conducted inside this lab, especially EV charging systems and their integration in the grid.
Another important field of research at this lab involves real-time automation control in domestic and low-voltage energy systems, as well as optimized demand management.
- Types of connections: synchronous and asynchronous, stand-alone or connected to the grid.
- Assessing micro-grid events.
- Energy storage systems.
- Controlling, developing and testing power electronics.
- Grid stabilisation systems.
- Inductive coupling.
- Electric vehicle charging systems and their impact on different electrical systems.
- Converters for renewable energy production systems.