FLEXICIENCY - Energy services demonstrations of demand response, FLEXibility and energy efficIENCY based on metering data
The proposed virtual environment will empower real customers with higher quality and quantity of information on their energy consumptions (and generation in case of prosumers), addressing more efficient energy behaviours and usage as through advanced energy monitoring and control services. Accessibility of metering data, close to real time, made available by DSOs in a standardized and non-discriminatory way to all the players of electricity retail markets ), will facilitate the emergence of new markets for energy services, enhancing competitiveness and encouraging the entry of new players, benefitting the customers.
Economic models of these new services will be proposed and assessed. Based on the five demonstrations, while connecting with parallel projects funded at EU or national levels on novel services provision, the dissemination activities will support the preparation of the Market Place exploitation strategies, as well as the promotion of the use cases tested during the demonstration activities.
- To detail the requirements and the expected use cases for advanced monitoring, local control and flexibility services of aggregated consumers based on the availability of relevant metering data close to real time supported by standards for data exchange.
- To specify the requirements for services and use value of the prototype European Market Place in view of accelerating the deployment of such services in EU28 (accessibility, standardization, interoperability).
- To develop and test the EU Market Place in support of the demonstrations.
- To enhance DSO and Service platforms and develop and test standard interfaces linking the Market Place, DSO, retail and any other service platforms involved in advanced monitoring, local control and flexibility of aggregated consumers.
- To demonstrate the use values of the implemented services thanks to joint and coherent approaches of the involved players.
- To disseminate the project results and prepare the exploitation strategies of the demonstrated services (advanced monitoring, local control and flexibility of aggregated consumers).
CIRCE, as one of the main collaborators in Malaga Smart City initiative, has a deep knowledge of the needs and possibilities that are given in smart technology enviroment.
CIRCE will be contributing to the Spanish demo site, based on Malaga, with the following:
- Definition of the use cases and services to be provided by the aggregator to the client in the Malaga demo
- Definition of the Performance Indicators to evaluate the measures and services provided by the aggregator
- Development and design of the energy boxes and energy plugs able to implement the aggregator services in the final client according to the services that are planned in the proposal and the almost 40 supplies selected to perform the demo. This elements design will be based on already existing devices that are developed by CIRCE.
- Tracking of the deployment and commissioning of the elements to perform the demo.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the results according to the indicators.