IdEAS - Interoperabilidad de equipos de automatización de subestaciones eléctricas
The scope of IDEAS in terms of knowledge development involves the development and demonstration of the IEC 61850 standard with the objective of achieving interoperability and interchangeability of the SICP (Integrated Control and Protection Systems) equipment in electrical substations by means of scientific and technological research.
According to this approach, the IdEAS project will guide its technical development activities towards:
- The design and development of a control and protection system for an electrical substation according to IEC 61850, interoperable and with the objective of interchangeability of IED (intelligent electronic devices)
- The increase of the functional and communications capacities of the electrical substations
- An integral, meditated and viable standard of the IEC 61850 standard
- The enhancement of interoperability between control and protection equipment of electrical substations
IdEAS establishes a pioneering contribution to the field of electrical distribution, since within this action, all the effort and investment required by the design, integration and validation works associated to a similar renewal are considered. The distributor / operator of the network will gain a greater capacity for managing its assets through the freedom of choice of manufacturer, thus reducing its market dependence and therefore increasing its competitiveness.
The overall objective of the project is to develop and demonstrate a complete solution for a HV / MV substation incorporating IEC 61850 into its Integrated Control and Protection System. The developments will cover all the lines associated with a new automation system: specification of interoperability profiles, both functional (adaptation of existing services and incorporation of new ones) and equipment (with validation and adaptation in the CIRCE I2SET laboratory, so as to be tested on site). The rest of aspects involved in an initiative of this kind are not left aside: configurations, logic, design of the communications network, integration with the remote control elements, introduction of new tools, etc.
- CIRCE will participate with the rest of the partners in:
- Definition of business and user requirements to achieve interoperability
- Definition of information profiles
- Validation of substation functionalities
- Economic assessment
- In addition, CIRCE will play a key role in the following technical activities:
- Definition of the networks architecture involved in the project, as well as the detailed specifications of the equipment that integrates them.
- Testing and laboratory developments, evaluating control and protection equipment, as well as new SICP equipment. Integration of these components into the system and evaluation of the new functionalities.
- Deployment and onsite tests, installing in a real substation, a line cabinet, a transformer and the control system
a de control