1. Data controller
The controller responsible for processing of the personal data that you provide to us through the Website is:
- Owner: CIRCE Foundation – Research Centre for Energy Resources and Consumption (hereinafter, “CIRCE” or the “Foundation”).
- Tax I.C.: G-50556091
- Domicile: Parque Empresarial Dinamiza, Edificio 3D, 1ª planta, 50018, Zaragoza (Spain)
- Privacy contact: email@example.com.
2. Data Protection Officer
At CIRCE we have voluntarily designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who you can contact for any question relating to the processing of personal data through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Privacy statement
At CIRCE we care about the privacy of the users of our Website, respecting at all times the current legislation on personal data protection at the national and European level (especially General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016, and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December on Personal Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights).
The principles followed by CIRCE with regard to data protection are as follows:
- Legality and loyalty. We will always request your consent to process your personal data for one or several specific purposes which will be reported prior to the sending of your data, unless the processing of your personal data is based on some other legitimate cause in accordance with applicable valid legislation.
- We only require from the users the data strictly necessary for the purposes of processing.
- Limitation of storage period. We store the data for the necessary time according to the purpose of the processing, reporting in each case the storage period. We review and update the personal databases, eliminating inactive registers or those that are no longer necessary due to the purpose of the processing having finalized.
- We apply the appropriate technical and organizational measures for the processing of personal data, ensuring their confidentiality and minimizing the risk of unauthorized risk or undue use by third parties.
4. Origin of the data
The data processed are provided by you, through the different forms that you complete while navigating the Website or completed in some other format among the activities of CIRCE; by sending an email of query or by telephonic communication.
Therefore, we compile your personal information on this Website through :
- The contact form.
- The “Send your CV” form
- When you make any query to us by email or telephone.
- When you exercise before us any of your data protection rights.
In the mentioned ways, we can collect the following information:
- Identifying and contact data (first name and surnames, email address, domicile, National ID/TIN, bank account, website), academic and professional, of possible candidates and of users of our services and activities. This information is specified in the following section regarding the processing done through the website forms.
- Data of personal characteristics (academic background, employment status, previous employment, experience, etc.) in the case of employment applications/offers and/or selection processes in which you participate voluntarily. Attaching your curriculum in the “Send your CV” form, we collect all the personal data contained in this document.
- Internet navigation data (IP address, visits to websites, connections to Wi-Fi networks, etc.).
- Any other information and/or file that you freely decide to send to CIRCE.
Additionally, we inform you of the possible processing of your social network data through the corporate profiles in which CIRCE maintains available profile, all on the basis of the terms and conditions established in each social network.
5. Purposes and legitimisation of processing
As indicated, CIRCE collects personal data from its users through its Website, with the following purposes and legal grounds for processing:
|Categories||personal data collected||purposes of processing||legal grounds|
Identifying (first name and surnames) and contact data (email) and additional data that the user enters in the “Your message” field.
|Managing the reply to the queries made through the contact Form .||Explicit consent of the data subject, which can be given by marking the box provided at the base of the form for this purpose.|
|Send your CV||Identifying (first name and surnames, Nat.ID/TIN) and contact data (email, telephone), picture of the candidate with photographs of files attached to the form; academic and professional data (CV, work experience, languages, previous posts held and all personal data stated in the CV of the candidate).||Managing the CV of the candidate, with regard to participation in selection processes managed by CIRCE, sending them communication relating to their incorporation in any selection process.||Explicit consent of the data subject, which can be given by marking the box provided at the base of the form for this purpose.
|Registration in courses||First name and surnames, Nat.ID, Foreigner’s ID No. or Passport, Telephone, email and password for creation of user, Business organization, Sex, City or region, Post code, Professional category, Academic background, Curriculum, Cover letter, Current status (unemployed, student…), Reason for attending the course and other related information||Managing the registration and subsequent holding of the courses and trainings given by the Foundation. The collection of the data is necessary in order to fulfil the indicated purpose, so that -in the event of not providing any of the required data- it will not be possible to process the application.
Sending you commercial communications by electronic means to keep you informed of all the latest news, events and projects of CIRCE, only in the event that such communications have been previously authorized.
|Execution of the contractual relationship between CIRCE and the student.
Explicit consent of the data subject, which can be given by marking the box provided at the base of the form for this purpose.
|Exercise of rights (email@example.com)||Identifying (first name and surnames); and contact data (email) and Nat ID/TIN (by submitting photocopy to verify the identity of the applicant).||Attending the exercise of the data protection rights of the users.||Compliance with a legal obligation.
|Contact emails||Identifying (first name and surnames) and contact data (email) and data contained in the query.||Replying to the queries and requests for information made by users.||Legitimate interest, responding to requests for information made by the user.|
|Cookies||IP and location||Managing the functionalities of the Website as well as analysing the preferences of the users.||Express consent of the data subject (which can be provided by marking the corresponding box in the first layer of information about cookies of the Website).|
6. Accuracy of data
The user states that the personal data provided to CIRCE through the Website are true.
The user is solely liable for any damage or harm, direct or indirect, that could be caused to CIRCE as administrator of this Website or to a third party if said user completes any form with false data or data of third parties without their prior consent causing deception, damage or harm.
In order for us to keep your data accurate and updated, we ask the user to communicate to CIRCE any variation that may occur in the data provided.
7. Underage persons
Any person of any age is authorized to browse on this Website. Nevertheless, to provide their personal data, the user must be over 14 years of age. Otherwise, they must be, in this case, provided by their father, mother or legal tutor.
CIRCE reserves the right to request a copy of your National ID or equivalent document that accredits your legitimisation in case of having justified suspicion about the user being under legal age.
CIRCE advises parents, representatives or legal tutors to supervise or take appropriate precautions while minors navigate internet, as well as establishing filters regarding information and content to which the minors can or cannot have access.
8. Communication and international transfer of data
In certain cases, CIRCE may require communication of certain data of the students and alumni to other bodies and institutions with which CIRCE collaborates in providing the course or the training. This communication is deemed necessary for the maintenance of the relationship between CIRCE and the students and alumni. Outside of the foregoing cases, your data will not be transferred to third parties.
CIRCE does not make international transfers of the data of users outside of the European Economic Area. CIRCE strives to use secure tools whose servers are located preferably in Spain, or otherwise, in a member state of the European Union.
The foregoing is without prejudice to what is indicated in the Cookies Policy on international transfers, which as applicable may be done as a result of the use of certain cookies.
9. Data storage period
In general, personal data will be stored as long as you do not revoke your consent or request its deletion, as well as during the time necessary to fulfil the legal obligations to which CIRCE is bound.
In any case, we inform you that CIRCE has established internal policies of retention of data for the purpose of controlling the periods for storage of personal data in its possession; thus, these can be deleted when they are no longer necessary and/or suitable for the purpose for which they had been collected.
10. Security measures applicable to personal data processing
With the aim of protecting the personal data of the users, CIRCE applies appropriate technical and organizational measures to the state of the art to protect personal data, taking into account the scope, the context and the purposes of the processing, as well as the variable risks of probability and gravity to the rights and freedoms of the data subjects, striving to be capable of ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services.
In particular, CIRCE has implemented a protocol of encryption and authentication that guarantees that personal data are transmitted to our servers through a secure SSL connection, with the aim of protecting them against third parties.
CIRCE states that it stores the personal data of users in secure servers, protected against the most usual types of attacks, and located in Spain .
11. Exercising of rights
At any time, the user can withdraw their consent and/or exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, opposition and portability provided in the European personal data protection regulations, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this case, the user must indicate the right they wish to exercise, the data about which they exercise the right and attach a copy of their National ID or any other valid identifying document that legitimises them for this purpose.
In the event of not considering their rights to be satisfied, the user can lodge a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es).
Last update: 26/10/2020